Zygomatic & Pterygoid
June 10-11, 2023
The increasing number of poorly placed dental implants and related complications are contributing to the increase of completely edentulous patients in our society. Zygomatic and Pterygoid dental implants are often used as rescue implants or as the last treatment option available for those with severely atrophic maxillary jaws and challenging patients.
When indicated and executed properly they will provide the patient with sufficient basal anchorage to support an immediately loaded restoration, reduce the anterior posterior spread and reduce the distal cantilever.
The purpose of this presentation is to:
- Discuss the principals of the Zygomatic and Pterygoid treatment concept.
- Lean about the anatomy, biomechanics and surgical technique.
- Learn about the treatment flow chart and classification.
- Discuss how to avoid complications and importance of soft tissue manipulation.
- Prosthetics protocols for immediate load and final restorations.
This 2 days course will be supplemented by a hands-on training session on model allowing the participants to apply the data learnt from the lectures.
Dr. Alexander Amir Aalam